Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Raising the Bar

We're always looking for ways to be more productive and efficient around here. So when a friend told me about keeping a salad bar in the refrigerator, I listened. I mean, don't salads always seem more fun and tasty when you can just stroll the bar and build a salad to suit your mood? Who has time to make a salad for lunch? Enter the home salad bar:


We've been doing this for two weeks now and we are loving it! And it's not just for salad anymore. We pull this out in the morning and toss already chopped veggies into our morning omelets. I've added veggies to my pasta dishes on the fly. And last night's stir fry was done in a flash.


I was concerned about how I would find room for this in the freezer. Turns out that when I make most of my produce recipe ready, I freed up a whole produce drawer to put those odds and ends into that take up a lot of shelf space, such as butter, yogurt, and hummus. I tweaked the placement of my fridge shelves and this is the result - a perfect spot for the salad bar...


It gives a whole new meaning to "going out to the bar"!

Want more details about how I made this work and what it's good for? Check it out here.

No comments: