Friday, September 17, 2010

Go Fly a Kite!

No, seriously, when was the last time you flew a kite? It's a lot of fun. Even though we've been working really hard, we try to make sure to schedule a little relaxation time as well, so that we don't burn ourselves out and we take the time to enjoy God's creation. This was the first time out for my big geometric rainbow kite. I wasn't quite sure how to launch it. And the wind that day was so changeable. It was a real challenge keeping them up when the wind would suddenly shift from westward to eastward.


Here my Buzz Lightyear kite is chasing Kent's Spiderman kite. Spidey later took an unplanned trip after the wind yanked the string spool right out of Kent's hand. It sailed over the road and off into the woods before being snagged by a kite eating tree. But we hiked into the woods and found it, then proceeded to use a dead tree to dislodge it from the tree in which it was snarled. We eventually met with success though Spidey was a little worse for the wear.


And eventually we did get the big kite up. I think if I'd had more string I could have kept it up better by getting into the upper currents. I'm already looking forward to our next kite flying day!

No comments: