Thursday, December 30, 2010

There Was Much Rejoicing

The days leading up to Christmas were filled with family time. We were blessed to have Shannon in from DC and Amol, Val and Samuel came from PA. We spent as much time together as possible. Although perhaps not EVERYone was thrilled. Here I went to go upstairs and I saw this dejected sight.


He's doing a fine job of looking longsuffering.


I've been enjoying my (grand)nephew so much. I'm really glad that we'll soon be moving nearby and I'll get to be involved in his life without missing huge chunks of time. I got him some Play-Doh but first his nana and I had to test drive it. I'd say we've still got the kid-at-heart talent.


There were crafts, including paper snowflakes.


These are really pretty and go together with just 6 pieces of paper, a scissors, tape and staples. This particular flake is 16" across!


The cloud on our otherwise sunny time together was that my father, who had planned on joining us, fell and had to go to the hospital in Las Vegas. We missed him, kept tabs as best as we could, and prayed for him continually. He had surgery yesterday and the doctors have said they have not yet had any surprises. For now he is in good hands.

No comments: