Saturday, July 3, 2010

They're Growing on Me

So those seeds I started? It didn't all go as beautifully as I'd planned. Had it gone as I imagined I'd have squash vines twining around me feet and small green tomatoes hanging heavy next to an abundance of beans. As it is, I am pleased that we had something to transplant to the greenhouse. We did that last week and everything seems to be pretty perky. Always a good sign. We have beans coming on the plants. I'd been pinching them off the seedlings for weeks already but I'd say they are adjusting to the new digs. And the tomatoes and squash are putting out new leaves. I'm still hopeful if guarded about getting something edible out of this venture yet.


For instant gratification, we have a new geranium. This one is supposed to be showing my poor, old wintered-over geraniums how to look. This one is a real beauty. Not featured in the pics, two pots of morning glories that I started from seed. They throw out about one bloom each day so far. Beautiful little plants, though. And my favorite old tea kettle is planted with cosmos and morning glory. I'm also trying my hand at square foot yardening. I love to recycle so I used an old porcelain coated drawer from my potting bench area and planted Kentucky fescue grass all around two mystery flowers. I started them from seeds but I no longer remember what they may be. So I will enjoy my square foot yard and cut my grass with scissors. Clearly I've been on this mountain too long.

No comments: