Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunday in the Kitchen

Sadly, Friday night and Saturday wore me plum out. I didn't set an alarm and overslept on Sunday morning making it impossible to get to church. My whole morning was slow. I couldn't believe how tired I was. But in the afternoon I got inspired to head to the kitchen. I had a good bit of cream in the fridge that I'd skimmed from my raw milk for the past couple weeks. I turned that into butter. And I had some cherries and of course, as a by-product of butter making, I had buttermilk. If these ingredients aren't enough to get a cook excited, I don't know what would do it. Here is the butter, ready to be slapped silly to get the remainder of the buttermilk out. I ended up with over a pound of delicious, sweet, creamy butter.


I also whipped up a favorite meatloaf recipe and some broccoli salad for Kent's dinner. And while I was making bread, I decided to try turning some of that dough into sandwich rolls. They turned out great if I do say so myself.

No comments: