Monday, July 4, 2011

Feeding My Inner Cookie Monster

Baking has been fun again since we live closer to sea level. At 9,500 feet, many things just weren't possible to make. I dreamed of creating rich cakes, moist cookies, and gooey desserts. I've finally been able to make Blackberry Jam Cake, loaded with fruit; Amazing super-moist dark chocolate cake with peanut butter fudge frosting; and chocolate chips which set the high water mark for my personal best baking.

The first recipe I tried at this altitude will likely be the last. I found it in the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. These babies are impressive.

They are scooped by the quarter cup and I could only fit eight on each baking sheet. And subsequently, each cooling rack.


Fully 4 inches across and between a half and 3/4 inches thick. You CAN eat just one!

No comments: