Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Sense of Accomplishment

In our efforts to get the house ready to list, we are packing up and moving out to storage everything we can live without for the time being. On that list were both of my looms. The thing was, there was a project still on my large floor loom. As we moved it around to carry it out to the barn, I decided to see if I could determine how much was left to do. As it turned out, I was within 18 inches of finishing what was actually two projects on one warp.


I was happy to find that I had written the treadling for my project on a post-it stuck to the frame and even noted where I was at in the sequence when I quit last. I was able to pick things up and finish it off that evening and we moved the loom the next day.


I originally had thought to make this a muffler for Kent. But the overshot is so pronounced that I may do something else with it. A table runner, maybe? It does make for a pretty design that can be almost hynoptic to create.


So I felt a real sense of accomplishment over not just moving more items out of the way but of finished the project. That's a good feeling.

No comments: