Friday, August 27, 2010

It's About Time

It's about time I finish up blogging about our trip to and from PA. About time to make a blog entry. About time to talk about other things.

But I must say that we saw a lot of beautiful things on our way home. Like this beautiful sky

We saw lots of corn, soybeans, and sorghum


Some pretty little farms, though there were plenty of huge mono-culture agriculture set ups and not a few feedlot beef and pig operations to stink things up. But don't get me started.


Sun in clouds. Classic beauty.


But what really captured my attention were the wind farms. In one twenty or so mile stretch of I80 in western Iowa we saw hundreds of wind turbines. The sheer magnitude of their size would typically be enough to make me wary, but they have a beauty and grace about them that I really like.


So now we'll consider the trip wrapped up and move on to other things...

No comments: