Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wherin We Enjoy an Opportunity to Share a Kindness

Two weekends ago we had the opportunity to lend a hand to a project some friends were working on. I say we, but it was Kent who lent a hand and his expertise. But I was so proud of him and pleased he would do it. Sharon and Richard and their children, John, Lisa and Danielle, have been a huge part of my life for about 15 years. And at a very difficult time in my life they were the hands and feet of Jesus to me and helped keep me strong and growing spiritually and brought joy, comfort and fun to my life. Truly, they can never know the depth of what that meant and they mean to me even now. So for Kent to do for them what I myself could not, was a great gift.

Danielle and her husband needed to replace an enclosed back porch before the weather turned and before Danielle delivered their second child. The help they thought they had lined up was a no show and Kent loaded tools and hurried down. I got to tag along and spend time with Sharon, Danielle, her little one, Sophie, and Lisa and her little one, Joshua. Steph even came down to join us.

So while Kent

and Pastor Gene helped Dominic

fram in the porch...


I spent time with Sharon and we checked out a great old sewing machine she'd picked up at a thrift shop, caught up on news and happenings, visited with the girls,


and loved on her adorable grandchildren, Joshua,


and Sophie.


By the end of the day, the framing was done and Danielle and Sharon put on a great little picnic while John built us a campfire


complete with pleasant guitar music by Dominic


and conversation and marshmallow roasting. It was a delightful time with dear, dear friends.

2 comments:

Mary said...

The campfire just really seems appropriate this time of year. Brings back so many fond thoughts. :) Love the new name/look at your blog!

Diane Shiffer said...

What a wonderful day... you know I honestly would much rather spend a day productively like this with friends than just spend a day socializing. All the fun and such a feeling of accomplishment too! The campfire looks like the perfect end to a wonderful day♥