Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Smith-sonian

We have a shelf at our home that houses small treasures from hikes, adventures, and explorations. Over the years the few trinkets have become an abundance. We affectionately refer to it as the Smith-sonian... Smith being our last name. It is presently housed in a barrister bookcase shelf.


It appeals to both the kid in us and the inquisitive natural science side of us.

Groovy things about...  shells of every kind, seaweed, coral, driftwood

Bones, cactus, moths, butterflies, a rattlesnake tail

Eggs, skulls, cicada casings, pinecones, petrified redwood, and rocks of every sort.

I was asked recently if I collect anything. At the time all I could think of was that I enjoy chicken- and bird-related items. I never really thought about the Smith-sonian as something I "collect", I dont go out and buy items for a collection but we do pick up treasures on a regular basis. So, yes, I do collect more than chickens. Do you have a collection? Do you still enjoy

No comments: