Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pretty Paper

Do you like to be creative? Do you like to send a card to brighten someone's special day? Do you have scrapbooking supplies? Then may I suggest that you might be in a perfect storm of greeting card creation?

I am never fully satisfied with boxed cards and I can't begin to afford all those Hallmark moments. But I do like to send a card to let people know they are remembered. This is month two of allowing myself useful creative time to "play around" and make cards. I try to make all I need for the month in one night. I let myself feel no guilt over spending time in my creative zone. And I end up with happy little bits of paper to mail out at the appropriate times.

Here's a birthday card. I had fun with the layered stamping for the flower and crimping paper.


And I got the "two peas in a pod" thing stuck in my head when considering an anniversary card. Here I embossed the peas, with their hand-drawn faces, with a sparkly clear powder. I added depth to my pod by shading with chalk and sealing with a blast of cheap hairspray. And I incorporated some pea themed paper.


And this is the card I made for my husband's birthday. He surely is the love of my life. The butterfly is embossed with glitter, I used a gold metallic paint pen to highlight the deckle edge I cut on the paper and, well, the inside is personal.

So there you have it. I use supplies I already have, I enjoy creative time without guilt, and I've got cards to share with family and friends. I think I'm on to something.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You do a beautiful job on the cards. Are you going to post a photo of my birthday card? I think I know what Karen's card looks like :-)