Friday, October 30, 2009

A Little Birdy Told Me

that applique is fun! Actually, four little birdies. I already had posted my Spring Robin, here's the Summer Bluebird,

the Fall Blackbird,
and the Winter Cardinal.
And they'll go together like this:

Kathy and I plan to go to a quilt shop in Golden this weekend (it comes higly recommended) and I will shop for the fabrics for the other squares, the wide border and the backing. For now I'll press the squares, think about a good color scheme, and locate my embroidery floss so I can stitch those cherry stems up.
It's a cold, cold morning. The snow finally stopped yesterday afternoon and then last evening the wind took over. It has unburdened the trees of their heavy load of snow but it has also seeped into the house from who knows where. I can feel the cool air moving around and the woodstove is having trouble making a dent in it. I dread going out to the rabbit barn because it will mean shoveling through drifts to get to the door and get it open. I hope the waterers aren't all frozen up.
Later today I plan to work on some gift ideas I've had for Christmas. Less than two months to bring them to reality.



1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't even believe you got all those appliqued already. Me and hand sewing go together at a rate of about 2" per day. Which means I've never actually finished a hand sewing project unless you consider attaching a button to be a project (and some days my fragile ego needs to think of it that way in order to feel a sense of completion of anything I've started in the last 6 months, if you know what I mean).
Can't wait to see how the scrabble board comes together!