Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fabulous Frost

An arctic front blew through last night leaving behind frost, rather than snow. I was up very early and as the day began to dawn, the trees appeared in the mist as ghosts of trees. Very striking. I didn't manage to capture all the splendor with my camera but here is my best attempt...The morning had grown much brighter by the time I managed to remove the screen from the window and get clear access for the shot. I wanted to take it from the upstairs of our house for that 'bird's eye view'. It was just one of those stunning moments that last maybe 2 minutes and I tend to spend the first minute and a half just looking and enjoying and then I think, "Hey, that would be a great shot!" Professional photography is unlikely to be in my future.

Last night was Kent's first art opening in years. I thought it was a great evening. His sculptures showed beautifully in the space and 25 or more friends came by during the evening. It was a nice warm-up for March 2010 when he will have all new pieces to show. It's good to see him back in the studio and foundry and by March I hope to have a better grasp of how to promote his art so that it's gets even better exposure. Two of the favorites last night were Max and Sometimes I Talk to Myself. My two personal favorites, as well.
We felt really blessed by the family and friends who came to see Kent's art and lend their support. We know it was a long drive for many of them. Our lives are enriched by knowing each one. I'm a bit like a fish out of water with a desire to help Kent with his art but not yet knowing exactly how to go about doing that. Fortunately, we are not alone. I will seek advice from those with more experience, my sister has offered her amazing skills to build a web site, I can apply my knowledge of how to make things pretty on paper, and little by little we'll make progress.
1+ month out, I can certainly say that this new season of my life is anything but boring. So many new skills to learn and things to experience. It helps to balance the sense of being overwhelmed when I focus on how spry it will keep my mind. Well, I've got a busy day ahead.
I should get ready!

No comments: