Friday, June 4, 2010

Lyre, Lyre, Needle's on fire!

And a few of the things I've been up to...

I'm still cooking. Just not on my 'Once and for All Week' routine. Kent insisted on taking this picture of our dinner table a couple days ago. Grilled mahi mahi tuna, corn on the nob (as Ken would say), watermelon, sweet potatoes, salad and lemonade. A summertime feast.


I finished the Lyre and Rose block for my quilt. It had dragged for some time and then I took it to Kathy's on Memorial Day and sat on the deck and stitched. Suddenly time and the applique flew by and I completed it before the afternoon was over. That included stitching on some 6-7 leaves and the rose.


And Kent got to experience his first library Whale of a Book Sale today. We went down to the fairgrounds this afternoon and found some books we had wanted and some we didn't know we wanted until we found them.


Of particular note, several Rodale organic gardening books, Books 1 and 2 of the Foxfire series, and Little House on a Small Planet - which is one of our favorites and now we'll have a copy to loan.

I'm thinking about going back back on Sunday for bag day. $5 for all the books I can fit in a bag. And I have some BIG bags! : )

1 comment:

Valerie said...

that lyre applique is stunning! I'm so excited for how the whole quilt turns out.