Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

These pictures aren't necessarily in chronological order. I still haven't figured out how all that works when I upload.

A recent Christmas tradition involves eating fresh, hot donuts on Christmas morning. I start the dough the night before and then roll them out and fry them fresh. Karen and Val took care of the sugaring and frosting this year. Last time it was Shannon and Stephanie. I must say that the maple glazed with toasted crushed nuts were the most popular.

Here we are with some of the goodies. You may note that Valerie has used toothpicks to create some sort of molecular looking structure out of the donut holes. The donuts were great with morning coffee.


What fun for Kathy to enjoy Sam's first Christmas with him. I think she may have had more fun opening his gifts that he did. Of course, like any small child or pet, he preferred the packaging over most of the contents.

Kent and I. I was glad to get a nice picture of us together. It's been a few years since we've been cleaned up and had our picture taken.


My beautiful niece, Valerie. So glad to have her here where we can put our arms around her for a hug and spend time together.


Four sisters - we're just missing Beth. Here we have me (Kristine), Kathy, Karen and Perla.


Shannon spent most of her time behind the camera in the pics we have. Here's a candid one I took of her relaxing, camera in hand.


Kathy put up the tree but waited to decorate until after Val arrived. She reminisced as she pulled out ornaments rich with memories.

Shannon, helping with the tree...


And here's the rest of the tree crew... Kathy, Val and Stephanie. The rest of us sat around and watched. It's the most fun I've had decorating a tree in years. : )


The house was looking pretty and we all enjoyed the tree. It was fun to pile our combined gifts underneath. Kathy made jams and biscottis for us. Ken and Perla made beef jerky for everyone. Stephanie made apple butter in pretty jars. Valerie brought soap powders and other great products from India that we can't get here. Shannon gave us treats and the promise of family photos. Karen and Brian provided the frames for the photos as well as candles and other treats. I made everyone reusable fabric shopping bags. It was really neat how everything worked out.

I'll post more pics later if I get time. You know how it marches on.

No comments: