Friday, January 1, 2010

Catching up...

It was a wonderful Christmas together. We were grateful for everyone who was there and missed those who couldn't be. On Christmas we had a gathering of Kathy, Valerie, Sam, Ken, Perla, Karen, Brian, Shannon, Kristine, Kent and Stephanie. We missed Dad, Kevin, Beth and Sarah as well as Josh, Jessie, Hannah, Mikayla and Esther. Still, it was the biggest family Christmas in years and we savored every moment.
Dad had planned to come but found out the week before Christmas that he had heart problems and pneumonia. He has been recieving excellent medical care and had successful surgery on Tuesday.
It was great to finally meet Samuel - the most beautiful baby I know. He's been a real delight, as his mother always has been. And it was so great to spend time with Shannon, visiting and getting to know her even better. I'm so proud to call her my friend as well as my niece.
Well, I have plenty of pics to post... I'd better get to it. Thanks to Shannon and her excellent photography skills for the wonderful photo documentation. And thanks to Perla for her gift of making us look good. Thanks ladies!

No comments: